WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS) that allows you to create and manage your own website. This tutorial will help you install WordPress on Windows 11.
WordPress is a free and open-source blogging platform that allows users to create their own website. It was created by Matt Mullenweg in 2003. The “what is wordpress” article will provide you with more information about the blog.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Expert in Windows and Software
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- If you want to handle all of your resources locally, installing WordPress on Windows 11 is a good choice.
- You may also use a specialized web app to visit your website without having to use a browser.
- WSL or a separate app with an integrated Linux server may both be used to install WordPress.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
If you have a WordPress website, you may host it on your own computer or on a server.
At least when you’re just starting out, it may be advantageous since you can test a lot of changes quickly and have complete control over what’s going on.
The majority of website owners, on the other hand, host their WordPress blogs on a web server since it’s much more accessible and they don’t have to dedicate any resources.
This article will teach you how to setup your PC to operate as its own web server for hosting your blog if you’ve made up your mind and want to install WordPress locally on your Windows 11 machine.
How can I use a web app to administer my WordPress blog?
First, we offer a hybrid solution that allows you to host your WordPress blog on a web server and administer it using a web app on your PC without having to open a browser.
- Download the WordPress app from the Microsoft Store.
- You’ll be sent to the Microsoft Store app, where you should click the Install button.
- Click the Open button after it has been downloaded and installed.
- To log into your WordPress account, all you have to do now is input your credentials and click the Continue button.
- Once you log in, the dashboard will appear just as it would in a browser, but it will be accessible locally on your PC.
Because you don’t really host your blog on the PC, this is a compromise, but you can visit your website quicker and without needing a browser.
How can I get WordPress to work on Windows 11?
1. Download and install WordPress for Windows 11 WSL.
This approach is only advised for expert users who are familiar with Linux.
1.1 Download and install WSL for Windows 11.
- From the taskbar, pick the magnifying glass, input cmd, and select Run as administrator.
- Press Enter after typing or pasting the following command: —install wsl
- The procedure will take some time, so be patient while the Windows Subsystem for Linux is installed.
- After all of the components have been installed, you will get a notification stating that the procedure was successful and that you must restart your computer for the modifications to take effect.
- The process will continue after the restart, and Ubuntu will be installed.
- If you see the message WSL Register Distribution Failed With Error: 0x80370102, you must activate CPU virtualization settings in BIOS and Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Platform, and Windows Hypervisor Platform under Windows Features.
The first step in the procedure is to install WSL, which will also install Ubuntu, although you can acquire alternative distros if you don’t like this one.
You can also update WSL in a Command Prompt administration window by typing the following command: —update wsl
1.2 Set up Nginx as an HTTP server
- To install Nginx, open Ubuntu and type the following command:
- apt update sudo nginx sudo apt install
- Open a browser and type in the following URL to test the server: http://localhost
- You’re on the correct track if you can see the picture in our screenshot above.
WordPress still need a web server to work correctly, and although Nginx is an opensource service that is highly efficient and popular, you may use others if you choose.
Install a database server in step 1.3.
- To run Ubuntu, open it and type the following command followed by Enter: mariadb-server sudo apt install mariadb-client
- To install MySQL, use the following command in Ubuntu: mysql secure installation sudo
- You’ll be asked several questions, so enter the following responses:
- Enter the current root password (no password): Press the Enter key.
- How do I create a root password? [Y/n]: Y
- Create a new password by typing it in the box below.
- Replace the old password with the new one: Retype the password you just typed in.
- Is it possible to get rid of anonymous users? [Y/n]: Y
- Is it possible to disable root login from afar? [Y/n]: Y
- Is it possible to remove the test database and all access to it? [Y/n]: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
- Do you want to reload the privilege tables right now? [Y/n]: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
You’ll also need a database to hold WordPress data, which is why you’ll need a MariaDB server and MySQL, but as you can see, the setup is rather simple.
1.4 Set up PHP and its dependencies
- To install PHP, open Ubuntu and type the following command: php-fpm php-common php-mysql php-gmp php-curl php-intl php-mbstring php-xmlrpc php-gd php-xml php-cli php-zip sudo apt install php-fpm php-common php-mysql php-gmp php-curl php-intl php-mbstring php
- This will install PHP 7.4 on your system.
1.5 Download WordPress
- To obtain the newest version of WordPress on Ubuntu, use the following commands:
- sudo mv wordpress /var/www/wordpress sudo wget https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz tar -xvzf latest.tar.gz
- Type the following commands to make www-data the owner of the WordPress directory:
- sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/wordpress/ sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/wordpress/ sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/wordpress/ sudo chmod -R 755 /var/www/wordpress/ sudo chmod -R 755 /
1.6 Get WordPress up and running
- Start a browser and type the server’s hostname once you’ve configured the Nginx VirtualHost. It’s http://example.com for us.
- Complete the WordPress setup process by entering all of the required information.
- Start managing your website by logging into your WordPress account.
2. Make use of InstantWP
- InstantWP for Windows may be downloaded and installed.
- An archive file will be sent to you. Run the Start-InstantWP.bat file after extracting it to a folder on your PC.
- If you get a prompt concerning the Firewall, click Allow access.
- Click the Next button to continue with the installation.
- A notification will appear informing you that InstantWP includes an embedded Linux Virtual Server. To continue, click Next.
- Finally, the InstantWP app will launch. Select the WordPress Admin option from the drop-down menu.
- This will launch a browser window that will allow you to log in to your WordPress server.
As you can see, working with a specialized app is much simpler, but you will need to pay for the app to enjoy all of its capabilities.
What is the best way to get excellent WordPress webhosting?
We’ve shown you how to manage your blog using a web app, as well as how to manually install WordPress on Windows 11 and with a dedicated app.
We would, however, recommend acquiring site hosting and outsourcing it to specialists. WP Engine is a nice platform to use if you’re seeking for one.
You’ll never have to worry about downtime again, and it has excellent security measures. If you’re just getting started with your blog, the Personal plan is a great option.
If you’re operating a company, however, the Professional or commercial plans will provide you with a wealth of sophisticated capabilities to help your website expand faster.
You may also learn how to install WordPress on Windows 10 since all of the solutions there are compatible with the new operating system.
If you have any questions or recommendations, please leave them in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I install WordPress on Windows 10?
A: Yes, you can install WordPress on Windows 10.
How do I install WordPress on my PC?
A: There is a variety of methods to install WordPress. For your convenience, the instructions can be found on its website at https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress